Precision-class Z stage
High guiding accuracy and stiffness due to ball screws and crossed roller guides. Stress-relieved aluminum base for highest stability. Vacuum-compatible product variants on request. Noncontact limit and reference switches (Hall effect). Reference switch with direction sensing in the middle of the travel range.
- .xxSD variant: 2-phase stepper motor for high torque even at low velocities and high resolution.
- .xxAD variant: ActiveDrive DC motor for high velocity: Control via pulse-width-modulated (PWM) signals, the operating voltage is achieved via an amplifier integrated in the motor housing.
- .023xxx variant: DC servo motor
- .025xxx variant: Brushless DC motor (BLDC) for high rotational velocity. Smooth running and low wear, therefore longer lifetime.
- Versions with DC motor: Rotary encoder
- Optional: Integrated linear encoder, installed centrically.
Highly accurate position measuring with incremental linear encoder
Noncontact optical encoders measure the position directly at the platform with the greatest accuracy. Nonlinearity, mechanical play or elastic deformation have no influence on the measurement.
Minimum incremental motion and slow motion
In conjunction with the SMC Hydra controller, versions with stepper motor and integrated linear encoder (L-310.xASD) achieve repeatable minimum incremental motion in the range of the sensor resolution. The same configuration achieves constant low velocities of a few sensor increments per second.
Precision positioning in industry and research, high duty cycles.
Short Instructions MP146EK
Positioners with Electric Motors: DT-xx / HPS-170 / L-xxx / LS-xxx / MTS-65 / PRS-xxx / RS-40 / UPL-120 / VT-80 / WT-xx / WT-xxx
User Manual MP157
L-310 Precision Z Stage
L-310 3-D model
Quote / Order
Ask for a free quote on quantities required, prices, and lead times or describe your desired modification. All products available online can be ordered directly.