- 4, 6 or 8 high-performance motion axes
- Fully integrated closed-loop servo control, amplifier module, and power supplies
- For voice coil drives, DC motors, and brushless 3-phase motors
- Quiet PWM drives. Optional: NanoPWM high-performance drive module
- Encoder inputs support sine/cosine and BiSS-C
- 10 A continuous current / 20 A peak output current per axis
The A-82x motion controller series from PI offers a fully integrated electronics solution with controller, drives, and power supplies in a compact 4-U-high 19-inch rack unit. The A-82x controllers are designed and optimized for PIglide air bearing stages that are equipped with direct drive linear and rotation servo motors, and high-resolution encoders. The A-82x motion controller features the state-of-the-art ACS SPiiPlusEC motion controller and EtherCAT master.
Standard options include inputs for incremental sine/cosine and absolute encoders that use the BiSS-C data protocol. Support for sine/cosine encoders has an integrated interpolation factor of 16384x. All controllers feature integrated flash memory for stored motion programs and parameters.
The A-82x controllers can be operated in stand-alone mode running stored programs, or controlled via an external PC. A PC is required for programming and startup. All software is supplied with the controller.
If the controller is purchased together with a PIglide air bearing stage or positioning system, PI will perform the servo tuning, startup of the controller, and error calibration, and supply a complete ready-to-use positioning system.
The NanoPWM technology from ACS is integrated into the A-824.2Nx00 models. They offer the best possible solution for demanding positioning applications: Subnanometer position holding, tracking errors limited to a few nanometers, optimal velocity constancy. NanoPWM are a genuine alternative to linear drives: Comparable performance at a lower price with less space required for the overall system.
Options and Upgrades
- Absolute encoders or incremental encoders (can be combined according to customer specifications for all axes of the controller)
- G-Code programming
- Input shaping
- ServoBoostTM upgrade. Provides better, more consistent servo performance that is insensitive to noise or changes in the system.
- ServoBoostTM PLUS upgrade. Provides higher position stability and velocity constancy.
- Additional control axes for external drives via EtherCAT
- Alternative customized packaging for OEM setups
User Manual A824D001
A-824.21xxx 4-Axis High-Power Motion Controller
User Manual A824D002
A-824.2NXXX 4-Axis High-Power NanoPWM Motion Controller.
A-82x 3-D model
Quote / Order
Ask for a free quote on quantities required, prices, and lead times or describe your desired modification. All products available online can be ordered directly.