- OEM / SystemsOEM Systems | Precision Components | Automation Sub-SystemsPI offers 1000’s of proven, off-the-shelf precision motion products that can be quickly modified for the OEM or into a custom automation sub-system.
- Meeting the Demands of OEMsOEM Systems | Precision Components | Automation Sub-Systems
- Engineered Motion / Automation Sub-SystemsPrecision Automation Solutions | Engineered SystemsPI is a supplier of high-end precision motion systems and makes use of own drive components and high-precision positioners to build customized positioning and automation sub-systems —“motion engines”—for our customers. With the largest portfolio of precision motion technologies in the industry, PI engineers have the best foundation to find a solution that matches your requirements in terms of precision, quality and budget – in a timeframe that works for you.
- Meeting the Demands of OEMs
- ProductsPrecision Motion Technologies | Positioning Systems
- Products: Overview, New, Finder, ShopFind Precision Positioning Solutions Quickly - Product Finder | PI USA
- Products OverviewProducts Overview
- New ProductsNew Motion Control & Precision Positioning Products | PI USALearn about the latest innovations in motion control and nanopositioning components and systems.
- Product FinderUse the PI Product Finder - it's fast and easy!
- ► Shop► ShopShop for select PI products online
- Products Overview
- Air Bearings & Ultra High Precision StagesAir Bearing Stages | Motorized | Linear | RotaryAir bearings provide advantages over mechanical bearings when vibration-free motion is required, highly constant velocity control is crucial, and when angular repeatability and geometric performance must be optimal. Air bearing stages (linear, rotary, and spherical) replace mechanical contact by a thin air film, avoiding wear, friction, vibration, and hysteresis effects.
- Miniature Positioning StagesMiniature Positioning Stages | Supplier | ManufacturerCompact positioning stages are crucial for the miniaturization process in cutting-edge research and industrial applications, for test & measurement, optical and opto-mechanical alignment, and component assembly. PI provides the largest portfolio of miniature stages, including high-speed linear motor stages, economical stepper motor units, and ultra-compact piezo motor positioners.
- Motorized Stages: Linear, Rotary, XYMotorized Stages | Positioning | ManufacturerPI offers the broadest and deepest range of precision motion technologies for micro and nano precision applications. Our engineers work with our customers to find the best drive and bearing technology for each individual application. Having access to multiple drive and positioning technologies allows an open discussion with a better outcome for the customer.
- Overview - Motorized Linear/Rotary StagesOverview - Motorized Linear/Rotary Stages
- Linear StagesLinear Stages - Precision Positioning Solutions | PI USASeveral types of motorized precision linear translation stages | PI USA
- Fast Linear Motor Stages and ActuatorsDirect-Drive, Linear Stages with Linear Motors, Fast Translation Positioning Stages | PI USABrushless linear motor-driven stages provide high speed, precision and long life.
- Z-Stages (Vertical Motion)Vertical Linear Stages – Precision Motorized Z-Positioners | PI USA
- XY StagesXY Stages – 2-Axis Motorized Precision Positioning Stages | PI USA
- XYZ StagesXYZ Stage - Multi-Axis Precision Motorized Stages
- Rotary Stages / Goniometers
- Heavy Duty Stages / Industrial AutomationHigh Speed / Performance Positioning Stages for Automation - Linear Stages | Rotary Stages | PI USA
- Sub-Systems for AutomationSYS > Engineered Motion/Automation Sub-Systems
- Overview - Motorized Linear/Rotary Stages
- Voice Coil Stages & Voice Coil ActuatorsVoice Coil Stages & Voice Coil ActuatorsVoice coil stages and actuators provide fast and precise motion in a compact package. PI provides many standard voice coil stages and actuators and also develops custom voice coil motors.
- Linear Actuators - High Performance, High Precision and High Speed SolutionsLinear Actuators - High Performance, High Precision and High Speed SolutionsA precision linear actuator is a positioning device that provides motion in 1 degree of freedom. PI designs and manufactures a variety of precision linear actuators (pushers) including economical stepper-motor driven actuators, high-speed linear motor types for automation and nanometer precise piezo-motor actuators.
- Gantries / Cartesian RobotsGantry Stages | Gantries | Cartesian RobotA gantry precision positioning stage is sometimes called a linear robot or Cartesian robot. Gantries typically provide motion in 2 or 3 linear degrees of freedom (X-Y and X-Y-Z) and are often used for pick and place applications, 3D printing or laser machining, and welding applications.
- 6-Axis Hexapods / Parallel PositionersHexapod Positioner | Six DOF | Stewart PlatformsHexapod positioners are often referred to as Stewart Platforms. A hexapod is based on a 6-axis (XYZ, Pitch, Roll, Yaw) actuator system arranged in parallel between a top and bottom platform. PI parallel kinematics (PKM) precision positioning systems have many advantages over serial kinematics stages, such as lower inertia, improved dynamics, smaller package size and higher stiffness. In addition hexapods are more flexible than conventional 6 axis positioners.
- 6-Axis Hexapods / Parallel Positioners6-Axis Hexapods / Parallel Positioners
- Control of Hexapod / Stewart Platforms: Hexapod Motion Controllers & Simulation Software6DOF Motion Platforms | Hexapod Controllers & Simulation Software | Stewart Platform | Manufacturer
- 6-Axis Hexapods / Parallel Positioners
- Piezo Flexure Nanopositioning StagesNanometer Precision: Piezo Stages for Nanopositioning, Piezo Nanopositioners, Piezo Flexure Scanning Stages | PI USAPI offers the broadest and deepest portfolio of nanometer precision motion technologies, from piezo-driven nanopositioning and scanning stages to motorized 6-axis hexapod positioning systems.
- Overview - Piezo Flexure StagesOverview - Piezo Flexure Stages
- Linear Piezo Flexure StagesLinear Piezo Stages for Nanopositioning – Flexure-Guided Precision NanoPositioners | PI USA
- Vertical & Tip/Tilt Piezo StagesPiezo Z-Stage, Piezo Z-Tip-Tilt Platform. Flexure Guided Nanopositioning Stages| PI USALarge selection of Piezo Z-Stages and Tip/Tilt scanners with nanometer precision | PI USA
- Fast Steering Mirrors & Tip/Tilt PlatformsPiezo Steering Mirrors | Active Optics
- Nanofocus Lens ScannersFast Piezo Focus Lens Positioners and Scanners – Piezo Flexure Guided Precision Positioners | PI USALargest Selection of Nano-Focus drives for microscope lenses – flexure-guided precision positioners
- XY Piezo Flexure StagesPiezo Stages | XY | Nanopositioning StagesLargest selection of integrated XY piezo flexure stages with nanometer precision.
- XYZ Piezo Flexure StagesXYZ Piezo Nanopositioning Stages – Flexure Guided 3-Axis Precision Positioners | PI USALargest selection of integrated XYZ piezo flexure stages with nanometer precision.
- 6-Axis Piezo Flexure Stages6-Axis Piezo Nanopositioning Stages – Flexure Guided Precision Positioners | PI USAPiezo-driven fast steering mirrors (FSM) achieve nanoradian resolution and high bandwidth.
- Tutorial - Piezo Nanopositioning
- Overview - Piezo Flexure Stages
- Piezo Motors: Stages & ActuatorsPiezo Motors | Linear Motor Positioners | ManufacturerPiezo Motors are intrinsically vacuum compatible, non-magnetic and self locking at rest, providing long travel compared to traditional piezo mechanisms. The individual drive concepts are optimized for different applications, they differ in their design, size, cost, force & speed and other performance parameters.
- Overview - Piezo Motors (Stages/Actuators)Overview - Piezo Motors (Stages/Actuators)
- Actuators with Piezo Motors
- Linear Stages with Piezo Motors
- XY Stages with Piezo Motors
- XY Piezo Flexure StagesXY Piezo Flexure Stages
- Rotary Stages with Piezo Motors
- Tutorial - Piezo Motion Control
- Overview - Piezo Motors (Stages/Actuators)
- Piezo Transducers & ActuatorsPiezo Actuator | Piezo Transducer | ManufacturerPiezoelectric translators (transducers) are precision ceramic actuators which convert electrical energy directly into linear motion with high speed, force and virtually unlimited resolution. These actuators are used in every modern high tech field from semiconductor test & inspection to super-resolution microscopy, bio-nanotechnology and astronomy/aerospace technology.
- Piezo Actuators & Transducers: Stacks, Chips, Benders, Tubes, Spheres, Shear…Piezo Actuators & Transducers: Stacks, Chips, Benders, Tubes, Spheres, Shear…
- Value-Added Piezo Transducers & Piezo AssembliesValue Added Piezo Assemblies: Transducers, Actuators, Sensors, Manufactured by PI Ceramic
- Piezo Ceramic ComponentsPiezo Ceramic Components
- Piezo Actuators & Transducers: Stacks, Chips, Benders, Tubes, Spheres, Shear…
- Microscopy, Bio-Imaging, Life SciencesHigh Precision Microscope Stages, Piezo Lens Scanners, Tools for Bio-Imaging | PI-USAPiezo nano-positioning stages are essential tools for high-resolution microscopy, such as Super Resolution Microscopy or AFM. Their sub-atomic resolution and extremely fast response allow researchers to create higher-quality images faster. PI provides a large variety of fast Z-Stages and collar piezo objective positioners for 3D imaging (Z-stack acquisition), deconvolution, and fast focusing applications.
- Photonics Alignment SolutionsActive Photonics Alignment | Optics Alignment | SolutionsPI provides a variety of innovative fiber alignment systems from motorized fiber positioners to automated optic and photonic alignment such as used in telecommunication, data commumication and for packaging / automation. In addition to fiber-based applications, fast steering systems for free-space-optical communication are also available. Products range from motorized 6D micromotion alignment systems for industrial photonics automation, through ultra-fast piezoelectric scanning & alignment modules to modular devices with manual control for laboratory test setups. All motorized systems come with extensive software for easy setup and integration.
- Vacuum Positioning Stages & ActuatorsVacuum / UHV Compatible Stages - Linear & Rotary Positioners for Vacuum, Wide Temperature Ranges | PI USAPI miCos has extensive experience in the design and manufacturing of vacuum and high vacuum compatible precision optomechanical positioning equipment for low temperature and wide temperature ranges. We provide translation stages, vertical linear stages, rotation stages, XY stages and complex multi-axis positioning systems in vacuum spec.
- VacuumProduct Series with Vacuum-Ready Items
- Controllers, Drivers, Motion SoftwareMotion Controllers, Piezo Drivers-High Voltage Amplifiers, and Motion Software Overview | PI USA
- Overview - Controllers & Motion SoftwareOverview - Controllers & Motion Software
- Piezo Controller, Driver, Nanopositioning Controller, High-Voltage Amplifier, Piezo Power Supply by PI USAPiezo Drivers | Piezo Motion Controllers | Manufacturer
- Controllers/Drivers for Motorized StagesMotion Controller | Drivers | Positioning Systems
- ACS Motion ControlACS Motion Control for Industrial Automation
- Software - Motion Control SoftwareMotion Control Software | Software Tools | Positioning Solutions
- Overview - Controllers & Motion Software
- Capacitive SensorsNanometer Resolution: Capacitance Sensors for Nano-Measuring, Nano-Metrology | PIA capacitive sensor is a proximity sensor that detects nearby objects by their effect on the electrical field created by the sensor.
- Accessories: Plates, Brackets, CablesAdapters and Cables for PI Precision Motion ComponentsStandardization is common with adapter plates and brackets, but we can create a custom accessory to fit your application system. PI products ship with the required cables. Customization is always an option.
- Products: Overview, New, Finder, Shop
- Tech BlogPI Blog / Tech Articles on Advancements in Precision Motion Control, Automation and Piezo Technology | PI USAPI’s tech blog offers 50 years of insight into innovative applications of precision motion control, nanopositioning, and micropositioning in industry, science, and research. We hope the PI blog is an enjoyable and informative resource, and a starting-point for innovation across disciplines.
- ResourcesPI – Resources – Papers, Videos, ISO9001, Service, DownloadsFind Tech Articles, Videos, Papers, Brochures, Software Information, ISO9001 Certificates and more.
- Ask an Engineer (direct email request)Ask an Engineer (direct email request)
- User Manuals, Software, WhitepapersUser Manuals, Software, WhitepapersFind product documentation & software, catalogs & brochures, whitepapers & success stories.
- Catalogs & BrochuresDownload Catalogs on Precision Motion Control and Nanopositioning ProductsFind brochures and catalogs for download.
- ISO 90001 CertificatesISO 90001 CertificatesView PI's active ISO certificate
- Metric Tolerances & Thread PitchMetric Tolerances & Thread PitchView metric tolerances and thread pitch classifications
- Motion Control SoftwareMotion Control Software
- News & EventsNews & Events
- ServicePI – Global Customer Services
- On-Site ServicesOn-Site Services
- Extended WarrantyExtended Warranty
- Ask an EngineerAsk an EngineerQuickly receive an answer to your question by email or phone from a local PI sales engineer.
- Request ServiceRequest ServiceQuickly receive an answer to your question by email or phone from a local PI sales engineer.
- Expert Consultancy from PIExpert Consultancy from PI
- On-Site Services
- Tech BlogTech Blog
- Technical Papers / Whitepapers
- Videos & AnimationsVideos on Motion Control and Positioning Technologies | PI USAWatch videos, animations and practical applications of PI products, systems, components
- Apps/TechTechnologies and Applications for Precision Motion Components and Sub-Systems | PI USAPI products are often used at the cutting edge of technology. They solve critical motion problems in lithography, microscopy, astronomy, laser technology, photonics and semiconductor manufacturing on locations around the world and in places as remote as the Science Lab on the Mars Rover.
- News/EventsPI - Webinars On-Demand, Company Announcements, New Products for Precision Motion ControlStay up-to-date with the latest PI news, view our webinars on-demand, see product demos or virtual tradeshows, or connect with a PI engineer.
- News & EventsNews & EventsStay up to date with the latest PI news, or plan on talking to a PI engineer at a tradeshow.
- Product DemosProduct DemosFrom 3D printing to photonics alignment, from industrial automation to in vitro diagnostics
- WebinarsMotion Control On-Demand WebinarsWebinar topics include piezo mechanisms, adaptive machines, automation manufacturing advancements, photonics assembly & packing concepts
- Virtual Trade Show StandsWelcome to Our Virtual Trade Show Stands!We would be pleased to welcome you personally at our exhibition stands all over the world. In addition, we also invite you to our virtual trade show stands - be inspired by our application solutions!
- AboutAbout PI USA: Custom design & service / export controlled applications & ITAR Registered
- AboutAbout PI USA / Custom design & service / export controlled applications & ITAR Registered
- Online Contact FormOnline Contact Form
- Directions to PI USA OfficesDirections to PI (Physik Instrumente) USA Offices – Global Leader in Precision Motion Control Solutions
- Ask an Engineer (direct email)Ask an Engineer (direct email)Talk to our engineers first. They have access to in-depth knowledge and test data on diverse driving and guiding technologies, spanning from electromagnetic to piezoceramic and from mag-lev to air bearings. They also have experience selecting the right technology for each individual application. Often an adaptation of existing technologies/products will suffice to solve a problem. However, experience along with detailed knowledge and PI’s significant R&D investment in new technologies enables our engineers to take unique approaches.
- Request a SeminarRequest a Seminar
- News & EventsNews & Events
- CareersCareers at PI - Join the Global Leader in Precision Motion & Positioning TechnologiesPI offers sound training in technical and business careers with a future. Pupils, students, graduates and professionals can get involved at PI and will be supported by us in their professional and personal further development.
- ITAR / Export Controlled ApplicationsPI-USA: ITAR registered, motion control for defense applications, security, COTS, custom US based design, by PI USA
- Test & Metrology / Manufacturing Equipment / CleanroomsLearn what Nano-Metrology Equipment is Used to Test High-Performance Motion & Positioning Systems
- Test & Metrology / Manufacturing Equipment / Cleanrooms OverviewTest & Metrology / Manufacturing Equipment / Cleanrooms Overview
- Manufacturing in Cleanrooms at PIManufacturing in Cleanrooms at PI
- Fractal Manufacturing Structure at PIFractal Manufacturing Structure at PI
- Test & Metrology / Manufacturing Equipment / Cleanrooms Overview
- Watch PI Product Videos on YouTubeWatch PI Product Videos on YouTubeUse PI product videos as a resource for how you can apply our precision motion control technology to your application. Then, talk to a PI Engineer about how to make it happen.
- Connect with PI on LinkedInConnect with PI on LinkedInConnect with PI USA on LinkedIn
- Follow PI on TwitterFollow PI on TwitterFollow PI on Twitter
- PI WorldwidePI WorldwideThe PI Group represented by subsidiaries and dealers all over the world. Check here to find your local contact!
- Ask an EngineerGet Help from a PI Engineer*Save Time & Headaches – Get Free Advice from a PI Engineer* Tap into our engineers’ collective knowledge base – not only is it free, but it also saves hours of your valuable time while preventing plenty of headaches in the future.
- ShopShopShop for select PI Motion Control, Positioning and Piezo Solutions products online
- Buy Motion Control, Positioning and Piezo Solutions OnlineBuy Motion Control, Positioning and Piezo Solutions OnlineShop for select PI Motion Control, Positioning and Piezo Solutions products online (select products)
- 0Quote list
- SearchF-712.MA1 High-Precision Single-Sided Fiber Alignment SystemProduct Description Specifications Downloads Quote / Order
Fast and high-precision drives
The basis of the fiber alignment system is a very stiff XYZ setup consisting of three motorized linear stages and a P-616 NanoCube® nanopositioner. The low overall height simplifies integration in limited installation space. The motorized drives make longer travel ranges possible and at the same time, the NanoCube® nanopositioner ensures fast scanning motion and dynamic compensation of drift effects. Flexure guides and all-ceramic insulated PICMA® actuators guarantee a long lifetime. Because all drives are equipped with position sensors, it is possible for example, to reliably prevent collisions with expensive silicon wafers.
High-performance scan routines
The sophisticated scan routines are integrated directly into the controller. The performance is improved considerably and integration simplified. The system can manage all tasks in the field of fiber alignment. For example, this makes simultaneous alignment in several degrees of freedom possible.
Extensive software package
The software package supplied in the scope of delivery allows integration of the system into virtually any environment. All common operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and macOS as well as a large number of common programming languages including MATLAB and NI LabVIEW are supported. Thanks to sophisticated program examples and the use of software tools such as PIMikroMove, the time between starting integrating and productive operation is shortened considerably.
High-resolution analog input
The controller receives the optical intensity signal directly via a high-resolution analog input. Complex setups with cameras are not necessary. Various distribution functions are available for determining the maximum intensity.
Alignment of optical components, automatic wafer tests, assembling technology in silicon photonics
Product NoteProduct Note
Product Change Notification Piezo Actuator Driven Products2021-04-19EnglishProduct Note
Product Change Notification Motor Driven Products2021-04-19English
White PaperWhite Paper
Practical Examples of Parallel Alignment AutomationWP4010E 2018-04WP4010CN 2018-12
Quote / Order
Ask for a free quote on quantities required, prices, and lead times or describe your desired modification. All products available online can be ordered directly.F-712.MA1Single-sided Fiber alignment system with stacked XYZ linear stages and NanoCube® Nanopositioner, E-712 digital controller with 4 analog inputs, firmware routines for extremely fast alignment functions, software package